Monday, 23 May 2011

BEAUTY: Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover

As I mentioned in my Happy List I bought Boots Botanics Eye Make Up Remover the other day, I used to use this quite a few years ago but to be honest since then I've not really used a proper eye make up remover I've just used wipes which aren't the gentlest of things for removing eye make up and lately I've noticed my eyes feeling a little sore after taking off my make up so I've decided to stop been lazy and get a proper make up remover!

Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

What Boots Botanics say

The Botanics range combines active plant extracts in carefully balanced formulations to give you the right product for your skin type. Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover effortlessly removes eye make up even waterproof mascara while also comforting and soothing the eye area, containing soothing Iceland Moss with high sugar content which helps to hydrate and calm skin as well as cleanse . Plant extracts at levels that really work, combined and formulated for unbeatable product performance. Naturally. Authenticated by Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.

What I think

This removed my mascara really quickly and easily, there was no pulling and rubbing my eyes to remove my make up, using a cotton wool pad I just quickly soaked my eye for a few seconds and then with one gentle wipe my mascara was gone. It definately felt much gentler than using wipes and it left then skin around my eye area feeling really soft. It really did feel soothing and gentle and it was much quicker than using wipes. I can't find any fault with this product and I'm really glad I've gone back to using it. As you can see from the picture below when the bottle is stood still the liquid is seperated so you do have to shake it really well before using it. The only thing I would say is it quite oily but this doesn't bother me as I use face cleansing wipes after anyway to remover the rest of my makeup so that removes any oily feeling on my face so for me that's not really a disadvantage. I would recommed this product to anyone looking for a good eye make up remover and at £3.05 it's fairly cheap too!

Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

2 comments:

  1. I've used a few of the Botanics products from Boots, they are really nice and cheap too! I definitely need to get myself a proper make-up remover as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd definately recommend this it's very good for the price x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!