Tuesday, 12 July 2011

BEAUTY: Head Over Heels Topshop Blush


Topshop Blush
Topshop blush - the packaging is pretty cute!

This blush is my first Topshop makeup purchase. To be honest nothing from the makeup range has really caught my eye until this. I love blushes that are peachy, coral toned as pink really doesn't suit me so this seemed perfect.



What Topshop Say

 Lightweight cream to powder blush that melts into the skin giving a natural luminous, radiant finish.
Smile and brush onto apples of cheeks for a rosy glow.

What I Think

Topshop Blush in 'Head Over Heels'
As you can see from the picture the blush does look quite a bright coral colour however once on, it does have a slight hint of pink to it as you can see on the swatch below. The colour is nowhere near as bright on as it is in the pan, infact I would say it's quite a sheer colour (obviously this can be built up depending on what colour you want to achieve). I did worry when I tried it on my hand that it was perhaps a bit too pinky for my skin however it looks lovely on my cheeks. It gives me a really nice coral glow, the blush also has a hint of gold shimmer in it which makes it look even nicer. The cream to powder formula is really lightweight and easy to apply (accept I need a little more practice as this is my first cream blush!).
For £6 I think this is a really good product, it's quite a large size and you only need a bit to get a good colour. I think it would suit most skin tones however it's best to bare in mind that it's quite sheer so would probably need building up a bit more on darker skin tones to achieve a good colour.

Topshop Blush in 'Head Over Heels' Swatch
Swatch of Head Over Heels

What are your favourite Topshop makeup products and do you have any tips on applying cream blush?  

4 comments:

  1. I love Topshop makeup especially the sunbeam highlighter! <3 Everyone seems to be talking about this shade - looks gorgeous so I'm definitely going to have to check it out. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never ever tried Topshop make-up, how useless am I! Loving your blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute colour - love their make up x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is on my wish list! I really love their nail polishes, they have so many great colours but I also find they apply really well. Also the eye crayons are really long lasting x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!