Wednesday, 6 July 2011

BEAUTY: Lush Sugar Babe Shower Scrub

When I popped into Lush the other day I picked up this sugar scrub. I love Lush products but I haven't bought anything for a while so I thought I'd give this a try seen as I'd not seen it before and it smelt really nice.

What Lush Say
One of our aims in life is to make as many things solid as possible and make them naked, free of packaging. Sugar is already solid of course, but it's still a bit tricky to transport. It's a mix of sodium bicarbonate and cream of tartar, which makes it sound more like a cake than a cosmetic, and moisturising coconut oil. It's scented with perfume made from ylang flowers and mimosa blossom, so that we can all smell sensational, too. Become a sweetly smelling Sugar Babe (without all the arguments).
Lush Sugar Babe Shower Scrub
Sugar Babe scrub (the far end looks funny because I'd already cut a bit off before I took a picture)

What I Think

I'm really pleased with this product the only problem is actually breaking a bit off to take in the shower as it does crumble very easily however Josh cut a bit off for me with a knife and that wasn't too bad. I did worry that once it got wet it would just crumble away but I did manage to keep it out of the way until I need it. I found that breaking bits off it at a time and mashing it into a paste worked the best. After just going on the Lush website I noticed quite a few reviews on there saying it was too harsh and actually scratched people but I didn't have this problem and I have really sensitive skin. Personally a don't think it's too scratchy you just have to make sure your skin is throughly wet. Afterwards my skin felt really smooth ansd moisturised and it smelt good too! So far I've only used this once but it is a decent size, I only took a little bit in the shower with me and it scrubbed all my body so I think it will last quite a long time so at £2.65 it's not badly priced. I would recommend this (just bare in mind don't use a heavy hand otherwise I'm sure that it would feel more harsh then) and I will definately be buying it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!