Thursday, 17 November 2011

BEAUTY: Collection 2000 Cream Puff

I'm sure the Collection 2000 Cream Puff's aren't new news to any of you (but just incase they are, they are a lip cream with a matte finish) but I just thought I'd give my opinion on the two I own. I have been meaning to do this review for ages but I've only just got round to it.

Collection 2000 Cream Puff
Left - Fairy Cake
Right- Cotton Candy

What Collection 2000 Say

Velvet vibes have been all over the catwalk, high street and your favourite celebs. Now you can wear it on your lips with our new velvet-feel, matte-look lip cream!
Enriched with a hyper-moisturising, vitamin-rich formula, the creamy colour hugs lips to give your pout the perfect powdery finish.
Available in four snoggable shades - Cotton Candy, Fairy Cake, Powder Puff and Angel Delight - for a beauty look that's bound to wow.

Left - Cotton Candy
Right - Fairy Cake

What I Think

I own the shades Cotton Candy and Fairy Cake because for me the other two shades look too light and I think they'd just wash my pale skin out.

So first thing to mention is the colour. Cotton Candy is a deep pinky (I want to say pinky purple but I think that might put people off) but as you can see from the swatch it is a lovely colour and Fairy Cake is a pinky coral colour. I think both look really nice on and they are quite pigmented and the colour lasts quite a long time.

Even though Collection 2000 say the Cream Puff's are moisturising, I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. Athough I don't find them dry, nor do I find that they settle into the cracks, I still use a lip balm underneath which is why on the photo's below they don't look completely matte. Also I do have dry lips and I don't like anything to feel too dry on my lips so I much prefer to use a lip balm underneath.

The packaging is quite nice, a small, simple design and the lip has a soft velvety feel to it to reflect the finish of the product. For £2.99 from Boots I think these are amazing value for money. I really hope Collection bring out some more shades because I'd definitely buy them.

How Fairy Cake looks on me

How Cotton Candy looks on me

Have you tried the Collection 2000 Cream Puff's? What did you think of them?

3 comments:

  1. I really like the look of these, the colours you have are lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the coral one!!!

    please come visit and comment on my new and messy blog....

    lovelivepeacebeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long does it stay for?:P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!