Sunday, 6 November 2011

Fireworks

Josh and I have never been to a proper fireworks display together, we've been to ones at local pubs but lets be fair sometimes they can be a bit crappy! So when I found out that the rugby club in Coventry were doing one I begged Josh to go. I revert back to been a child when it comes to fireworks and I still love them as much now as I did when I was a kid so I was pretty excited. I had it all planned out in my head, it would be a nice cold night where I could wrap up and Josh and I would stand near a warming bonfire drinking hot chocolate and watching all the pretty fireworks! (Basically everything I put in this post). Well I really need to learn not to build everything up so much in my head because quite frankly none of the above happened! For starters there was no bonfire (correct me if I'm wrong but it's called bonfire night, how can there not be a bonfire?!), then due to the amount of people that filled the rugby stadium there was no way I was going to battle the queues for an overpriced, less than average tasting hot chocolate, due to the weather been quite mild here recently I didn't wrap up all that much so ended up freezing and then the fireworks really hadn't been well planned, they put them right at the end of the stadium near where we were stood and unfortunately half of them went off behind the stadium meaning because of where we stood we couldn't see some of them, this lead to people breaking the barriers and standing where they shouldn't in an attempt to see. Now I know this sounds like I'm complaining, and well I am a bit but the fireworks were really good I just wish we could have seen more and there wasn't the same atmosphere without a bonfire! I did enjoy the night (despite my moaning here) but I'm just not sure it was worth the money that we paid for 25 minutes of fireworks some of which were difficult to see! I'll be honest I wanted a bonfire, I know Josh was secretly pleased there wasn't one as he'd already said he didn't want to smell of smoke (he doesn't share the same love for bonfire night as I do!) but I did. Anyway we did manage to get quiet a few photos so here are a small selection of them!






5 comments:

  1. Aww sorry to hear your bonfire night wasn't quite as you'd planned! I've been to firework displays at our local rugby club before and i completely understand! The queues for the toilets is always the worst bit i find and it's such a rip off for what you pay! Now every year my boyf & i park up behind the rugby club and just watch the fireworks for free, without having to pay extortionate prices or get crushed in a crowd! Haha :)

    Georgie <3

    http://thehandbagsnthegladrags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness no bonfire?! Crazy talk. Livid about the lack of warming hot chocolate as well. I'm glad you still enjoyed it though and the pictures look great! Next year maybe check out Kenilworth's fireworks? I went a couple of years back and despite them being to the entire Queen Greatest Hits album which wasn't very imaginative they were quite good! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fireworks look beautiful! Can't believe there wasn't a bonfire though!X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. I don't think fireworks could ever get old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are beautiful pictures! S'unfortunate there wasn't a bonfire, though. Quelle shambles! Better luck next year :]

    Saraah ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!