Tuesday, 13 December 2011

BEAUTY: VO5 Revive Me Daily

I bought this shampoo and conditioner a couple of months ago for a change from my usual (Herbal Essences Drama Clean for normal hair). When I first started using the Herbal Essences one I'd been having a lot of trouble with my hair feeling dirty straight after washing it. I have quite greasy roots anyway so I wash my hair pretty much everyday but it was feeling dirty straight after washing it. The Herbal Essences completely fixed this problem, however the only problem I had with it was the conditioner it wasn't very moisturising seen as it wasn't meant to weigh hair down. I was reluctant to stop using the Herbal Essences incase my hair went back to been dirty but I thought I'd give VO5 a try and I wasn't disappointed.

VO5 Revive Me Daily Shampoo and Conditioner

What VO5 Say

Refresh tired, limp or dull hair for stunning results. Infused with extract of White Tea it won't weigh your locks down. A gorgeous tropical fragrance combining sweet apple, mango and pineapple with a hint of jasmine and rose, refreshingly delicious.

What I Think

I can't praise this shampoo and conditioner enough, it's completely transformed my hair. I would say it's the best it's ever been. I don't agree with the tropical fragrance described above but it does smell lovely and clean which I like. The shampoo and conditioner are really nice and creamy but they don't make my hair dirty at all. The conditioner provides the right amount of moisture to my hair without weighing it down which is even better as I have pretty thick hair which is longish.
The new VO5 products have been made with Adaptive Haircare Technology which is supposed to adjust to give your hair the nourishment it needs where it needs it, so basically it's unique to you.
Aside from the fact that my hair is in great conditioner another major thing I've noticed since I've started using this shampoo is the colour of my hair has changed. Now bear with me I'm not talking about a dramatic change here. I don't dye my hair so it's naturally a mousy brown sort of colour which goes blonder in summer. Whilst I was using my old shampoo and conditioner I'd never really thought about my hair looking dull as it always had a shine to it. However since using this shampoo it's really lifted the colour of my hair and a lot more of the natural blonde and reddy tones I have in my hair are shining through, making it look even better!
This shampoo and conditioner (infact I think it's all the VO5 shampoos and conditioners) contains 5 essential oils which are avacado, argan, apricot, grape seed and jojoba and I think it's thanks to these that my hair is in such great condition.
One more point to make about this is it lasts ages. I bought the 500ml bottles and I've been using them pretty much everday for around two months and they're only around half empty. As I've said I have thick, longish hair and I can get away with only using a small amount.
This really is the best shampoo and conditioner I've ever used and it's made such a difference to my hair. I highly recommend it!

4 comments:

  1. I love this shampoo and conditioner and like you it revived my hair!! Glad to see someone has had the same results!

    Stevie x

    http://thingsthatmakeyougoooo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this has made me want to give it a go now! Thanks for the lovely review xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super nervous about changing shampoos, I'm always buying aussie! I do like the look of V05 now its all nicely packaged, glad it gets good reviews! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shampoo great, shame about the packaging. With very mild arthritis in hands it's very difficult to squeeze bottle to get shampoo out.Also top doesn't unscrew and hole in top is off centre so had to saw top off bottle to decant to softer sided container.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!