Tuesday, 7 February 2012

RECIPE: Peanut Butter Energy Bites

The other week in my Happy List I mentioned baking some peanut butter energy bites, they turned out pretty good and were really nice so I just thought I would share it with as I slightly changed the basic recipe I found. 
I baked these with the intention of using them as healthy snacks so I used much less sugar than the original recipe stated.
So here's my ammended recipe for peanut butter energy bites.

Ingredients

Makes around 15 bites

55g Wheatgerm
55g Sugar
200g Peanut Butter
1 Egg

Method

Measure out all the ingredients and mix them together in a bowl. When everything is combined extra's can be added such as coconut, raisens, chocolate chips etc (I added raisens). Take small amounts of the mixture and roll it into balls in your hands. Place the mixture onto a tray and bake at 220c for 15 minutes (I have to add at this point that if you follow this recipe it's best to keep an eye on them as I only have a microwave oven so things take slightly longer in it then they would in a normal oven also 220c is equivelent to gas mark 7 so it's probably worth knocking it down to 200c/gas mark 6 in a normal oven).

So as you can see they are really quick and simple to make and they taste so good. Mine were still slightly squidgy when they'd cooked by once they cool down they go like a biscuit. Here are some photo's from making them.



Ingredients, mixture, before they were baked and after.

1 comment:

  1. They look yummy, it's a shame I don't like peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!