Thursday, 16 August 2012

HOLIDAY: Liverpool Part Two

Hi!
So yesterday I blogged about my first day in Liverpool, in this second (and final) post on Liverpool I'll be sharing photo's from the second and third days so be prepared for quite a lot of photo's. If you missed the post about the first day you can read it here.

On Tuesday we found another free museum to look around, the World Museum which was very good and I would have happily paid for it so I would really recommend visiting there, there was so much to see so we spent quite a lot of time in there. After we had a wander around Liverpool One then to Albert Dock where I bought a Beatles vest, by this point we needed a little rest so we stopped off at Starbucks too.

The weather was so nice which I was really pleased about as I said yesterday, it always rains when we go to Liverpool so it was lovely to wander around in the sunshine, we even enjoyed an ice-cream too! After that we did the traditional thing of having a little afternoon drink in the Cavern.

At night we went to the Red Hot World Buffet, neither of us had been before but my god we'll be going again. It was delicious you seriously have to go if you are visiting Liverpool, then again the night was nicely round off with a drink and more music in the Cavern.

New friend / Nemo fish / Starfish / Ugly fish / Ants and leaves / Comparing my head to a Hippo skull / Shopping / Josh in Starbucks / Hard Days Night Shop / The Cavern / Our names that we wrote last year, so happy they're still there! / Inside the Cavern / My new vest / Outfit of the night / Josh and I

Wednesday was our final half a day in Liverpool so we had a little wander around the shops where I bought a new pair of jeans, we also bought a magnet from the Hard Days Night shop as we get one every time we go! There are several piano's dotted around Liverpool One that are available for free play so Josh was determined to get on one and he did, it's a good job he can actually play seen as we were right in the centre of Liverpool! Unfortunately it then started to rain really bad so the day was cut a little short as we had to take shelter in the train station until it was time to go home.

Me and John Lennon / Fifth member of the Beatles? / Josh playing the piano

It was such a lovely few days away and Liverpool never fails to make me happy. Josh and I have said we should go somewhere else next year but I somehow don't think we will be able to stay away from the city I've fallen in love with!

1 comment:

Thanks for your lovely comments!