Thursday, 29 November 2012

BEAUTY: John Frieda Luxurious Volume

Hi!
I have a couple of reviews of some products from the John Frieda Luxurious Volume range for you today (shampoo, conditioner and blow dry spray). I've tried a couple of the styling products from John Frieda before and I've been subscribe to their YouTube channel for ages but I've never tried shampoo and conditioner from them as I'm so picky about those but I think I may just have found my new favourite ones here. 

John Frieda Luxurious Volume

Shampoo and Conditioner

What John Frieda say: Shampoo- Damage caused by styling and daily environmental stress creates 'pores' inside the hair, reducing it's density. Formula contains patented technology and penetrates all hair types, filling damaged areas from the inside out; restores fullness while it strengthens and lifts hair for healthy volume that starts at the root. The resulting textural change makes hair look and feel more voluminous. 
Conditioner - Weightlessly conditions, targeting damaged areas with a specialized conditioning technology. 
What I think: First off these smell amazing I can't quite place what the smell is but I love it! Secondly to put it simply I love these. I really like the fact that this isn't just a shampoo and conditioner for fine and flat hair (I have quite thick hair but it can lack volume when products weigh it down) but that it strengthens and repairs dry and/or damaged hair. The shampoo is clear but when it foams up it feels quite creamy and moisturising however it rinses completely clear leaving hair squeaky clean without any build up which is exactly the thing I look for in a shampoo. The conditioner also feels creamy and quite thick, it doesn't leave that moisturised feeling on your hair once its rinsed off but trust me it really works and leaves my hair lovely and soft. Overall both of these products have become staples in my haircare routine I can't remember my hair ever feeling as soft and looking as healthy and shiny as it does now. You guys know that I've professed my love for other shampoo's and conditioners before on here but none of those compare to these!

Thickening Blow Dry Lotion

What John Frieda say: Enhanced formula contains  a targeting lifting complex with longer lasting hold, a less sticky feel and added heat protection polymers and Panthenol, known to protect and strengthen hair. Unlike other volumizing sprays, it doesn't contain alcohol so hair stays soft. 
What I think: Well I have to mostly agree with what John Frieda say about this product, it doesn't feel sticky and it does add volume however I feel this product is more targeted towards people with finer hair than me. The spray added volume to my roots and also added texture in order to keep the volume in place, this means it would be great for creating high volume hairstyles as this spray would definitely keep them in place. Personally I wasn't overly keen on the textured feeling of my roots, it felt too much during the day for me but I would definitely use this for on a night out or for when I needed added volume in a hairstyle. I think people with fine hair would get the most use out of this though. I do really like the fact the spray also contains heat protection too. 

I so glad I tried these products as I'll definitely be repurchasing the shampoo and conditioner. I'd also really like to try some other products in the John Frieda range after discovering how good these are. I've been having a little look around and I few of styling products caught my eye as well as the hair dye, I've contemplating a colour change for a while now and it's been years since I changed my hair Who knows maybe I'll take the plunge after Christmas!

I received these products to review but that in no way changes my opinion. All views are honest and 100% mine.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you, the smell of these products is amazing!

    Lea x

    It's Such A Wonderful Life -
    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    Why not check out my Christmas Yankee Candle giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of John Frieda shampoos but I love their styling product! Definitely want to try their blow dry lotion! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this is so weird, I have been asking about John Frieda recently and I've now seen two blog posts about them, I need one that will give me volume and stop my hair going dry so very tempted by these, glad they smell nice and are moisturising :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive tried a few of the john frieda shampoos and conditioners ( usually ones to do with having blonde hair) and have never been a fan, but think i might give these a try!

    glitterygowns.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!