Wednesday, 5 December 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Hi!
On Saturday Josh and I put our Christmas decorations up, it may seem a little early to some people but we're going back home on the 20th so we won't get to enjoy them for long. As this is our last year at uni it means it's going to be a little while before we have our own place to put decorations up in again, which I'm quite sad about, so I really wanted to make the most of it this year and buy some little bits and pieces that are a bit more special and that we'll always keep (most of our decorations are really cheap so it's good to have some nicer pieces). I thought I'd share some photo's with you all but I also wanted to do a little post on this for myself to remind me what a lovely time we've had living here and sharing Christmas together.

During the day I baked gingerbread for the first time which after I few minor incidents turned out pretty good so when it came to the evening I pulled on my fluffy pj's, poured myself a generous glass of Baileys, grabbed some gingerbread and turned on the Christmas songs. Well you have to go all the way on occasions like this don't you? Out came the tin of chocolates, fairy lights and tinsel and we begun decorating and adding our new Christmas additions to our tree and room. When we'd decorated Josh even let me open a little Christmas present which was very kind of him, although I suppose it's only fair as he's getting his main present soon as it's too big to take back home! 
 Gingerbread and Baileys / Reindeer candle holder / Bauble I bought for Josh / Back of the bauble (our anniversary and Christmas are only a week apart)
 Advent candle / My new headband! / Little bear decorations
 Little robin and friends / Star Christmas sign / Little robin
 Me opening me presents / Candle holder and star
 Our tree

It was a pretty perfect evening, I just love Christmas and I love our new little additions that will hopefully stay with us for years to come.

4 comments:

  1. The gingerbread looks delicious, I need to try making some myself x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayy I love these pictures! Christmas is the best & your gingerbread looks so good! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!