Thursday, 9 May 2013

HOLIDAY: A Mini Break in Portsmouth

Hi!
Yesterday I returned from an impromptu mini break in Portsmouth, on Sunday afternoon Josh and I were waiting to hear from his parents as they were thinking about visiting us for the day on bank holiday Monday, by Sunday night things had changed and we were packed and ready for his parents to pick us up on Monday so we could all get away for a few days. To say I was excited was an understatement! A few days away from uni work was just what I needed. The weather was just perfect, Portmouth was beautiful and I had a complete break away from everything. It doesn't get much better does it?! The weather was so warm it was almost like been abroad (I say almost because for me nothing is quite like having a holiday abroad!), I'd like to say I even came back with a sun kissed golden glow just to make it sound even more perfect but the reality is I have the outline of a vest on me, a burnt shoulder and a little red nose, my arms are quite golden though! Whilst down there we also visited Josh's grandad as he lives in Littlehampton which isn't too far away from Portsmouth, I made a new best friend with Josh's grandad's dog Tigger and we had a BBQ and turned into true Brits who'd rather wrap up in borrowed coats and shiver a little than go inside on the night of the first BBQ of the year. By now I think you've got the picture that I had a really lovely couple of days, but incase you need further evidence here's some pictures.








3 comments:

  1. Ahhh The Victory, I used to love going there when I was younger. Having great weather is such a plus on a mini visit. Glad you had a great time, Tigger is cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures, it looks like you had such a lovely time <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post thanks for sharing. Here at The Queens Hotel in Southsea we enjoy superb views across the Solent and close proximity to exceptional tourist attractions, including The Historic Portsmouth Dockyard. We wish you and your readers a very happy summer ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!