Sunday, 30 June 2013

HOLIDAY: A few days in my favourite place - part 1

Hi!
Earlier in the week Josh and I headed to our favouite city for a few days away. Liverpool has featured quite a lot on this blog and it's no secret that we've been quite a few times now! We did actually look at going somewhere different this year as we wanted to book something to celebrate the end of university (as it turns out we both found out what we'll graduate with whilst we were away which made the trip even more of a celebration!) however Liverpool just lured us back in.

On our first day there we headed to the docks for a wander around and a look in the Liverpool museum, we actually went there last year but it's free and quite interesting so we popped in for another look around. The afternoon was spent in the Cavern, for those not familiar with it, it's one of the first places The Beatles started performing oh and it's also underground hence the name. It's somewhat of a tradition (and a bucket list favourite) for fans of The Beatles who visit the Cavern to write their names on the walls, although you're very lucky if you can find a spot to write now! Two years ago Josh and I managed to find a pretty clear spot to write our names and last year when we visited we were pleased to see they were still there. Although I had everything crossed we'd still be able to see them this year I did have my doubts but to our surprise they're there. This definitely made me very happy. 





Sunny docks / In the Liverpool museum - this was sooo heavy / A Superlambanana / Little and large hand prints / The best place ever / So happy to see our names are still there
At night we headed to a restaurant on the docks that we've not been to before, it's called Revolution and I think there's a few branches dotted around the country. I'd definitely recommend it, the food was lovely, reasonably priced and if you needed more convincing it's also a vodka bar. Hello vodka cocktails (which are also two for one on weekdays!). Of course I had to sample a couple of cocktails, I had the Russian Bride (I think that was the name) and the Tennessee Mudshake both of which were very nice. We then headed back to the Cavern, it's such a good atmosphere in there at night. It gets very busy and quite warm but it's one of my favourite places ever.

 Tennessee Mudshake cocktail complete with an Oreo

I should also mention where we stayed, we always stay in Travelodge's in Liverpool as we'd rather save our money on doing stuff we enjoy rather than paying for expensive hotels and there's nothing wrong with Travelodge's at all. This year we stayed in one of the newer ones in Liverpool which we've not been to before and I have to say were very impressed. It's just opposite the docks and very modern. Oh and this was our view from our room so we definitely had nothing to complain about!
















The view from our room

The second part of my Liverpool photo diary will be up tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww that's so lovely that your names are still there, I'm glad you were able to go back and find them again! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Liverpool in so long, but I'd love to go back and explore for the day! And Mudpie shakes sound amazing!

    Louise x
    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!