Saturday, 13 July 2013

MEMORIES: Goodbye uni life!

Hi!
Well it's the end of an era today, three years of uni life is over as I'm moving back home tomorrow morning. It's going to be so strange after three years of living with Josh to go back to living separately. I feel like I've outgrown living at home and I should have my own place. Even though I knew this would always be the outcome when I finished uni it's still not an easy thing to process now it's actually a reality. I think the first couple of weeks back will be OK as I'm actually going to Wales on Monday for five days then the week after it's my birthday. After that though I think it will all sink in so it's time for some serious job hunting to take place then!

The past three years have been the best time ever, I've said in a previous post about uni but if you have the opportunity to move away for uni you should definitely do it. Obviously for me it's been a slightly different experience as I moved here with Josh, but I wouldn't change anything and I'd do it all again if a could. 

Each year here has brought new and memorable experiences. The first year everything was new and fresh and exciting. We had quite a few nights out with a load of Wetherspoons vouchers we'd got the freshers fair and I ended up worse for wear every time including spraining my ankle when I fell over. We enjoyed the feeling of having our own place and getting to know a new city as well as adjusting to living in a city as we'd both come from living in little villages. I discovered the joys of Ikea and we both experienced Birmingham gay bars for the first time when we went out with some uni friends!

 The joys of Ikea / What happens when I have too much to drink and get the munchies / Going out for Halloween

The second year was much more relaxed as we settled into a routine much more suited to us. Gone were the drunken nights out, as neither of us have ever been big drinkers, and they were replaced with cosy nights in or relaxed nights having a meal and a just a couple of drinks and cinema dates. As we discovered more parks near us we were able to spend the summer soaking up the sun and feeding all the ducklings in one of the parks.


 Sunbathing / In the park with all the cygnets and goslings

The third year has to be my favourite from them all, we have been fully settled into our day to day routine which carried on in the same way as the second year enjoying meals out, cinema trips and discovering the joys of TV series marathons when we got into Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad. We had lots of days out from Birmingham Christmas market, Black Country Living museum, the zoo and Stratford upon Avon. I enjoyed finding new places to visit and having days out with Josh. We squeezed in two breaks away to Portsmouth and Liverpool which were both really good and we found out we'll both be graduating in November with 2:1's.





















Stratford upon Avon / Birmingham Christmas market / At the zoo

So goodbye Coventry, its been an amazing three years and thankyou to Josh for making this the best three years of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!