Wednesday, 31 July 2013

BEAUTY: Miracle Moisturisers

Hi!
I have very dry and quite sensitive skin on my body, shaving causes irritation unless I soak in the bath for quite a while beforehand and I get occasional small patches of eczema in various places. It's safe to say I'm always on the look out for products that will add a heap of moisture to my parched skin. 
Today I though I'd show you the current products I'm using and loving to keep my skin feeling baby soft and smooth!


Cocoa butter body scrub - this scrub isn't like any other I've used, it's really thick (almost solid in the tub) and really creamy. The crushed cocoa beans are coarse enough to effectively buff away dead skin but not so rough that it's like send butter and the cocoa butter, shea butter and vitamin E formula helps to really soften my skin. 

Nivea in shower moisturiser for dry skin - I hate the texture of this product on my hands I think it feel very waxy and I could never use it for it's intended purpose, as a replacement for body butter as my skin is too dry for that, however I do love this stuff for after shaving. It really calms any irritation down and adds back some of the moisture that was stripped away during shaving. I slap lots of this on my legs and under my arms after shaving and they feel lovely!

E45 Cream - I use this when my skin gets a but itchy and irritated as it's a really simple product that won't aggravate my skin further. As it's intended for dry skin conditions it's good at clearing up any patches of eczema I occasionally get.

Soap and Glory The Daily Smooth body butter - I love Soap and Glory body butter's but this one has to be my favourite. It's really thick but non-greasy and sinks in very quick, it smells lovely and it's in a tube which means no body butter going under my nails when I'm reaching the bottom! This body butter leaves my skin incredibly soft and I thin I'll be sticking with it for a while. 

So that's my little collection of products that work miracles for adding moisture to my skin, I do like to try new stuff out now and again but when I find things that work as well as these products do I like to stick with them.

Do you have any moisturising products that you couldn't live without? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I recently just bought the Nivea in shower moisturiser too, and I agree, it really is so lovely after shaving! I'll definitely have to try the Soap and Glory body butter, I really love all of their other products I've tried :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh no I wanted to try the Nivea but the price put me off, I have sensitive skin but never moisturise, eeek! I'm an Aveeno girl through and through for those emergencies when I do get a bit sore. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!