Tuesday, 3 September 2013

DAYS OUT: Wentworth Woodhouse and Car Rally

Hi!
On Sunday I went to a vintage fair and car rally at Wentworth Woodhouse which isn't too far from where I live. The house is a huge country house and grounds that has been closed to the public for a long time as it need a lot of repairs doing to it. You normally can't get too close to the house but the whole event was held right infront of it so it was nice to get to see it close up. It has also recently opened up for tours though I'm not sure what state the inside is actually in. The house was owned by the Fitzwilliam family until 1979 after they had used the surrounding villages for coal mining profits. History nerd time over and back onto the car rally... I actually quite enjoy looking around old cars especially when Mini's and VW Camper Vans are involved as I'd look either (or both!) of those. The vintage fair part was a little bit of a let down as there wasn't much vintage stuff there however I did get a cupcake and sample lots of different cheeses for free so it wasn't all bad. 
I didn't take too many photo's on the day but I thought I would share a few with you.








1 comment:

  1. That is such a cute car in the second picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!