I recently did a little bit of Christmas baking, I wanted something gingery but not gingerbread men so I decided on ginger cupcakes complete with ginger buttercream frosting! They're very tasty if a do say so myself.
150g soft brown sugar
150g self raising flour (or plain and add baking powder)
3 teaspoons ground ginger
1 tablespoon milk
For the frosting
150g icing sugar
2 teaspoons of ginger
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180c / 350f
- Cream the softened butter and sugar together then add the flour and ginger
- Beat in 3 eggs until smooth and add the milk
- Place mixture in bun cases and bake for 20 minutes
- Whilst the buns are cooling mix up the ginger frosting and leave it set and pipe on when the cupcakes are cool
- Add decorations if desired (I used holly leaves and holly berries)
These are the perfect festive treat and are so light a fluffy. If you've made any festive treats this year let me know in the comments!
P.S could you please fill out my small blog survey here. It will only take a few minutes and will help me make Bits and Bobs even better in 2014! Thanks