Friday, 13 December 2013

RECIPE: Ginger Cupcakes

Hi!
I recently did a little bit of Christmas baking, I wanted something gingery but not gingerbread men so I decided on ginger cupcakes complete with ginger buttercream frosting! They're very tasty if a do say so myself.

 Ingredients

 150g soft brown sugar
150g self raising flour (or plain and add baking powder)
150g butter
3 eggs
3 teaspoons ground ginger
1 tablespoon milk
Decorations (optional)

For the frosting
150g icing sugar
150g butter
2 teaspoons of ginger

Method 
  1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180c / 350f
  2. Cream the softened butter and sugar together then add the flour and ginger
  3. Beat in 3 eggs until smooth and add the milk
  4. Place mixture in bun cases and bake for 20 minutes
  5. Whilst the buns are cooling mix up the ginger frosting and leave it set and pipe on when the cupcakes are cool
  6. Add decorations if desired (I used holly leaves and holly berries)

These are the perfect festive treat and are so light a fluffy. If you've made any festive treats this year let me know in the comments!

P.S could you please fill out my small blog survey here. It will only take a few minutes and will help me make Bits and Bobs even better in 2014! Thanks

2 comments:

  1. They look SO good and I love the sweet decorations you used too!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look lovely, I need to make some of these! my bakes havent been particularaly Christmassy.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!