Wednesday, 8 January 2014

A few changes for Bits and Bobs in 2014

Hi!
I thought I'd do a really quick post about some changes on Bits and Bobs in 2014. I already mentioned some things here but I thought I'd dedicate a full post to it.

Out of the three blogs I used to have I now only have this one which means there will be a lot more book things on here as one of my blogs was for book reviews. I already wrote mini book reviews on here but now there will be a mixture of mini reviews and slightly longer reviews. All things book related can be found under the reading material list on the right. I also now have a book index page at the top for all books that have been reviewed on here. You may have also noticed that I have a Goodreads reading challenge on the right to keep track of all the books in read in 2014, if you have a Goodreads account you can click my name on the widget and be taken to my Goodreads account.

I also plan on doing some '60s/Beatles related posts on here as the other blog I closed down was for that kind of stuff. Now I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea but I no longer wanted to keep it a separate thing from this blog as it's a biggish part of my life and I share everything else on here anyway!

In the year that loads of bloggers have said they want to get into YouTube, I've decided I'm going to walk away from it. It's just not for me, it's too time consuming and I am very rarely happy with the results. Writing is where my heart lies so I may occasionally write up some tags and hauls. I won't be deleting any of my videos but I have removed the social media icon for YouTube from here. Who knows there might be a day I return to YouTube but at the moment I just can't see it. 2014 is the year of writing not filming for me!

I recently updated my 'About' page to include a bit more about Josh. He features quite a lot on here but in 2014 I'd like to use Bits and Bobs more as a way to document our life together too so he's going to be sticking around here!

I think that has pretty much covered everything. I just thought I'd share these little changes on a separate post rather than sticking them on the end of another post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!