Thursday, 2 January 2014

BEAUTY: Favourite Products of 2013

Hi!
So another year has ended and we're now in 2014, I know everyone says that time goes fast but I honestly can't believe how quick 2013 went it's a bit scary really so if 2014 could just slow down a little that'd be great! For the past few years I've done a favourite products of the year video however this year I am doing it a blog post as the first video didn't turn out and by the time I could film it again I had cold so I just couldn't be bothered.
My favourite products of 2013 are...

Loreal Ever Riche Nourishing and Flowing shampoo and conditioner - The Ever Riche products were talked about a lot by bloggers in 2013 so naturally I gave them a go. Now my hair is longer it needs a bit of moisture however my hair gets greasy quick but I don't have any problems with these products. They smell amazing, the conditioner is thick which is something I love and they leave my hair so soft, shiny and healthy feeling.

No7 Melting Gel Cleanser - I use a hot cloth cleanser in a morning and I was after something a bit different on a night. I was keen to try out a gel/oil cleanser so picked this one up. It smells really nice and is so lovely to use. The gel melts into an oil then when it comes into contact with water it turns into a milky consistency. It leaves my skin really clean and soft.

Una Brennan Tea Flower Clay Mask - This has to be the best face mask I've ever used. I'm not overly keen on the smell but can easily look past that because of how well it works. My skin feels soft and smooth and like it's had a really deep clean when I use it. Also any spots I have seem to heal quicker and look less red when I've used this. This well be the only clay mask I use from now on!

Trilogy Rosehip Oil - I'd never used a face oil before and was a little dubious however positive reviews were springing up all over so I decided to give at a go. I'm not sure how my skin ever coped without this, especially in the colder months! It provides an amazing amount of hydration and although it hasn't dramatically faded any spot scars I have, I've found since using this spots don't scar as bad anymore. Hurray! One point I should mention though is that it claims to sink in like a serum, it doesn't, you can definitely tell you have oil on your face. I use it on a night though so this doesn't bother me!

Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Spray - This can be used on wet hair as a leave in conditioner or on dry hair as a frizz smoother and to give some added shine to your hair. 90% of the time I use it on dry hair it smoothes any flyaways down, leaves my hair soft and smells pretty nice too. Oh and it 's pretty cheap!

Look Beauty Go and Glow Highlighter - This highlighter is a lovely pinky champagne colour. I like to use this around my cheek bones and temples, down my nose and on my chin. It isn't super highlighting however it does provide skin with a really radiant glow and I love that.

Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple - This is the perfect daytime red, it's so easy to apply and I think it really suits me. I've been wearing it constantly since I got it back at the end of summer and I still haven't fallen out of love with it.

MUA Power Pout in Justify - This was pretty much the only thing I wore on my lips in the daytime in summer. It's the easiest ever product to apply and is a really nice coral/red which looks lovely in the warmer months. It's like the chubby balm tints everyone released after Clinque's Chubby Sticks but it's also one of the cheapest out there.

Garnier BB Cream for Combination/Oily Skin - No your eyes do not deceive you, this product isn't in the photo. I forgot to include it. I couldn't not mention it though as I'm completely in love with this stuff. I don't wear makeup every day and for the occasions I do I wanted something lighter than a foundation. This BB cream makes my skin look radiant, smooth and perfected. It's everything I want and more from a base. The lightest shade is a pretty good match for my pale skin too!

What were you favourite products in 2013? Let me know in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. I love the clay mask, so much better than others I have used!

    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Revlon Lip Butters, candy apple looks like such a pretty colour! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!