Thursday, 12 June 2014

Book Review: Before I Go To Sleep

Memories define us. So what if you lost yours every time you went to sleep? Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love - all forgotten overnight. And the one person you trust may only be telling you half the story. Welcome to Christine's life. 

I don't half love it when I book like Before I Go To Sleep comes along, a thrilling, gripping, page turner that's easy to get lost for hours in but isn't too taxing on the brain! Don't get me wrong I love a good book that gets me thinking but sometimes I just want to relax and get lost in a story and that's when I turn to books like this one.

Christine loses her memories every night when she goes to sleep. Each morning she wakes up in a room she doesn't know, next to a man she doesn't recognise and stumbles to the mirror to discover she looks 20 years older than she should. Each morning her husband wakes up and fills in the missing pieces of Christine's life. Then she gets a phone call from a doctor, one she's apparently been seeing for some time without her husband knowing and she begins to keep a diary. Each day Christine reads through the diary and slowly starts to see that the story her husband tells her each day, isn't quite right. 

I had to force myself to put this book down each night otherwise I would never have got up for work the next day, I could have just kept reading all night. Christine's confusion is portrayed excellently and although you know pretty much from the get go that something isn't quite right about her husband it manages to keep just enough back to be exciting and make you want to read more.

Rating: ★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!