Saturday, 6 September 2014

BEAUTY: Perfume Collection

Quite a few years back I did a post about my perfume collection so I thought it was about time for an update. I am rubbish at detecting what's smells are in a perfume I can just tell you if it's nice or not so most of the descriptions here have come from Fragantica.

Marc Jacobs Oh Lola
Top Notes: Wild strawberry, raspberry, pear
Middle Notes: Magnolia, peony, cyclamen
Base Notes: Sandalwood, tonka bean, vanilla
 I wanted this perfume for the longest time and eventually ended up with two bottles of it that were bought for me as gifts so the smaller bottle lives at Josh's now. This is a really nice everyday scent that isn't too overpowering but lasts a good amount of time. I really don't like vanilla scents but I can't detect any vanilla in this so it's all good! 

Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh
 Top Notes: Grapefruit, raspberry, pear, green notes (which apparently is leaves and grass etc!)
Middle Notes: Jasmine, rose, violet, litchi, apple blossom
Base Notes: Musk, Virginia cedar, plum
Aren't Marc Jacobs perfume bottle the prettiest?! To be honest that's the main attraction, of course the perfume smells nicer but the bottle looks super pretty on my shelf. I'm a sucker for good packaging! Anyway this is quite a floral smelling perfume and somehow seems a bit more grown up than Oh Lola, it does last a good amount of time too.

Valentino Rock 'n' Dreams
Whilst on my search for descriptions of this perfume I discovered it's been discontinued, I'm heart broken! This perfume is my favourite perfume ever and I know I've a pretty huge bottle to go at but I don't know what I'm going to do when it runs out. I've loved this perfume for so long and it's my go to scent for special occasions, going out and date days/nights. Well I guess I'll have to find a new favourite when this has gone. There's no break down of notes of the Fragantica website for this it just says it includes iris, vanilla, peach, woodsy notes, myrrh and cinnamon. It's definitely a woody, deep scent that's so unlike any of my other perfumes and it lasts sooo long, I can still smell it the day after putting it on!

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique
Top Notes: Orange blossom. mandarin orange, star anise, pear, rose, bergamot
Middle Notes: Iris, ginger, plum, orchid, ylang ylang, tuberose
Base Notes: Amber, musk, vanilla, cinnamon, sandalwood
Well this has a whole load of stuff packed into it apparently! I had a bottle of this a very long time ago and really liked it but now I'm a little older it seems even more fitting as to me it smells very grown up and as the name suggests, classic. It's a perfume I can see myself returning to time and time again.

Lush Snow Fairy
Notes: Pear, sweet notes, cotton candy, vanilla, cherry.
I was very surprised to see that this was on Frangantica! Anyway last year Lush released a few of their best scents as perfumes and they went down a storm. These are no longer available to buy but I'm hoping Lush do the same thing again this year. Snow Fairy perfume is like a sweet shop in a bottle, I've always adored the scent but I did wonder if a perfume might be too much but for me it's not. Providing you use just the right amount it leaves you smelling how imagine the colour pink would smell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!