Thursday, 11 September 2014

RECIPE: Mini White Chocolate and Blackberry Cheesecake

Oh boy is this cheesecake a good 'un, even if I do say so myself! I made a mini one because Josh doesn't like cheesecake so there really was no point in making a big one so this size is perfect for one or two people to get a few slices out of. You can buy the mini cake tin I used from loads of places but I actually picked mine up in Poundland! Trust me you don't need much of this what with it been pretty deep and packed with soft cheese, cream and white chocolate! I picked the blackberries myself and they make the perfect topping for this rich cheesecake. It's a no bake cheesecake as I much prefer the taste of cheesecakes that set in the fridge.

Ingredients
50g butter
150g soft cheese
100ml double cream
25g icing sugar
100g digestive biscuit crumbs
200g white chocolate
blackberries to decorate

Method
Step One: Melt all the butter and add it to the digestive biscuit crumbs. Mix together and put it into the cake tin. Use a spatula to pack the mixture down then put in the fridge to set.
Step Two: Lightly whip the cream and set aside. Mix together the soft cheese and icing sugar. Melt the white chocolate and add it to the soft cheese then fold in the cream. 
Step Three: Spoon the cheese filling on top of the biscuit base and smooth over. Top with blackberries then place it in the fridge to set over night (or all day if you make it in the morning).

I find that it's best to take the cheesecake out of the fridge for a while before serving it or the base can be a little hard. It took me hardly any time at all the whip this up and it's been years since I made a cheesecake! It's super easy and quite possibly one of the tastiest things I've ever made! 


2 comments:

  1. EEEE! This looks and sounds amazing, I love cheesecake (I think I spent the 2 years of my GCSE Food Tech solely making them...) this is going into the must try section of my recipe book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly sooo good! Let me know if you try it! X

      Delete

Thanks for your lovely comments!