Friday, 24 October 2014

RECIPE: Vegetable Pasta Bake

I can't believe this is my first savoury recipe on here, though I suppose that's just a true reflection of me as I love baking and lets be fair sweet treats are much more fun! I do enjoy cooking though it's just I don't make the time to experiment much as Josh is very picky with his food and I often can't be bothered to try out stuff for myself. The other night though I whipped myself up a veggie pasta bake from scratch. It was the perfect dish for this time of year too, hearty and warming. I definitely want to try and put some more savoury recipes on here in the future and have a go at cooking some more veggie dishes. I'm not a vegetarian I'm just not a huge fan of meat.

 Ingredients
100g Macaroni pasta
1 large can of chopped tomatoes
Vegetable stock
1 onion
Vegetables of your choice (I used baby corn, red pepper and trimmed beans)
Mixed herbs
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Grated cheese

Method
Step one: Chop your onion and other vegetables that may need chopping or slicing
Step two: Set your pasta cooking. In a large pan heat some oil then add your onions
Step three: Once onions have browned added your other vegetables and your chopped tomatoes
Step four: Add 180ml of vegetable stock then season with mixed herbs, salt and pepper.
Step five: Allow the liquid to reduce down and drain pasta. Add pasta to reduced sauce.
Step six: Put everything into an oven proof dish, sprinkle with Josh and allow to bake in the oven for 15 minutes.

I served mine with a bit of garlic bread. I found my recipe to make enough for two people so if like me you're making this recipe for one you can always freeze half of your pasta bake and have it another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!