Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Happy List #111 The 2014 Edition

 Center Parcs / York for Josh's birthday / Spring walks / Let It Be / Enjoying the evening sunshine / The little furry one joining in with our evening conversations / At the Cavern in Liverpool / Pretty summer sunsets / The best thing I think I've ever bakes / We take prettty pictures / York and Christmas / Gingerbread bull at Birmingham

 So that's another year gone. Where do I even begin with looking back over 2014?!

January to March: The year started off extremely relaxing with a trip to Center Parcs with Josh and his family, a week spent reading, walking and swimming was just what I needed before starting my first job since leaving university. With finally having a job the year also started very happy. The following months were very quiet as I found my feet at work and struggled with how to juggle working, spending time with Josh and blogging. We celebrated Josh's 25th birthday and finally having a job meant I could really spoil him.

 April to June: In April we spent a few days away in York which we loved. The weather also started warming up which meant we spent a lot of evenings and weekends sat outside enjoying the sunshine.  We went to see Let It Be at the theatre which was amazing. However amongst all the good things these months brought I also found out my contract would not be getting renewed when it ended in July, it wasn't a huge surprise as it was only a temporary job but I felt like I'd just got settled when everything was disrupted again. So began the job search.

July to September: After several failed interviews I found myself without a job when the six weeks holidays started, I was sad to leave my job but I really did have a lovely 7 months there. However the good news was that Josh got a job so we still had reason to celebrate. I began volunteering in a day nursery working with babies and toddlers and surprised myself by how much I enjoyed it. I also turned 23 in July and Josh surprised me with a trip to Liverpool, don't think I'll ever get bored of that city! We continued to enjoy the sunshine that the back end of summer gave us which meant lots of days outside reading. This little blog had a name change and I'm still really happy that I finally took the plunge and ditched the name Bits and Bobs in place of Calico Skies. Things began looking up at the end of September when I began doing supply work in schools.

October to December: I finally got a permenant job in November, I'd been doing some long term supply work in a secondary school and interviewed for a proper job there and got it! The final three months of the year are also my favourites when the weather starts getting colder and Christmas creeps in. We squeezed in one final weekend away at the end of December and went back to our old university city, Coventry then onto Birmingham's Christmas market. It was strange going back as it felt like we'd not been away really. It made me miss it even more though! We also got to spend our first ever Christmas Day together which was pretty amazing.

I'm pleased to say 2014 was a pretty good year with a lot more ups than downs. I ended the year in a job I never saw myself been able to do let alone enjoy as much as I do and for that I feel really proud of myself. I feel happier and more secure than I've felt since I left uni and I've I really good feeling that 2015 is going to be an amazing year full of great memories.

My favourite posts of 2014: Job searching as a graduate // Quiet Contemplation // 1 year on - is going to university worth it? // White chocolate and blackberry cheesecake // Why single father's deserve more exposure // 10 pros and cons of supply work in schools // 10 inexpensive date ideas for autumn/winter



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!