Friday, 9 January 2015

SAVING MONEY: Goals for 2015


These money saving posts always used to be some of my favourites to write so I'm hoping to write more this year. With that in mind I'm going to share my saving goals for this year. That way it will keep me focused and I can revisit this post throughout the year and see how I'm getting on. It might also give you lovely lot some money saving ideas too. 

This year is going to be the year of serious saving, I honestly wish I'd started taking saving money from a younger age but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I've being a little frivolous with my money since getting a job after uni and it's got to the point where I don't really have anything to show for my spending so that needs to change.

This year:
  • I plan to pay the majority of my monthly wage into our joint savings account, I will pay some in as soon as I get paid then some more in the day before I get paid again. I have a certain figure I like to keep my bank account out so what ever is left before I get to that number will go into the savings at the end of the month. 
  • I will try and fill my pound coin jar up twice. I have a tin that holds 60 pound coins, last year I told myself I'd fill that jar three times, I only managed to do it once. Oopps. This year I hope to fill it twice.
  • I will stop spending my wages on clothes, shoes and bags. As I've mentioned, having a decent wage for the first time excited me a bit and I got a little click happy each month on clothing websites. This year a plan to shop a whole lot less and wear what I already have a whole lot more. 
  • I will cut out unnecessary spending. Much like the clothing thing I'm going to stop spending on things I don't need all the time such as a Costa Coffee every week, makeup, beauty products etc. I'm going to use up what I have and not give into the hype of products. I have enough makeup, hair stuff, bath stuff etc to last me a long time so I'm not going to buy things until they've run out. 
  • I hope to have enough money saved for Josh and I to look at getting our own place. It looks as though we'll just be renting but I'm coming around to the idea. Anyway this summer we will have been back from uni for 2 years and I really want to get cracking with looking for our own little home.
Do you have any money saving goals for this year or tips on how you plan to save money? Let me know in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!