Friday, 20 February 2015

London Snapshots

 Earlier in the week Josh and I headed to London for a couple of days. We spent a bit of time in London as well as visiting the Harry Potter studio tour in Watford, but more on that in future posts. Today I thought I'd share a few snaps from out wanderings around London then I have two posts on the studio tour coming up next week. We ended up taking soooo many photo's so I've really head to narrow it down!

On our first day in London it was raining quite bad which wasn't much fun at all and made sightseeing pretty impossible so instead we headed to the Imperial War Museum as it's free and we'd heard it was good. I don't think I would have paid for it but it was pretty good to pass the time and take shelter from the rain. The Holocaust exhibition was pretty interesting and made a visit to the museum worthwhile.

 As Beatles fans we just had to make a trip to Abbey Road to see the famous crossing and studios. We didn't want to seem too touristy or piss the London drivers off so we refrained from taking a photo on the crossing but so many people were just jumping out in the road without a care that we stayed to people watch for 5 and laughed at the disgruntled drivers and the tourist with no regards for traffic.

 As it was a much nicer day we also did lots of walking. We headed to Covent Garden where we stupidly decided to walk up the 193 steps from the tube station, it nearly killed me! I also found the best cookies in existence - Ben's Cookies so a purchase of a chocolate orange cookie and a peanut butter and chocolate cookie was made, I can highly recommend both flavours!

























We then walked from Somerset House right down to Tower Bridge (with a quick coffee stop half way) to enjoy the sunshine and the sights. We also had to get a super touristy shot in front of Tower Bridge. Feeling tired with achey legs, it was then time to head home after our few busy days in London.

The posts of the Harry Potter tour will be up next week and in two parts so I don't overload you with lots of photo's all in one go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!