Monday, 29 June 2015

Current Favourites: Makeup






















Today I thought I would share with you my current favourite pieces of makeup. On a day to day basis I usually just wear a bit of mascara and a base but I've included all the bits and pieces I'm liking at the moment. To be honest, I don't experiment too much with makeup, I know what suits me and I stick to it. I own quite a lot of makeup but there's a lot of similar item in my collection. 
Here's what I'm loving at the moment:

Face
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation - I'm not loyal when it comes to foundations I like to try different ones and this just happens to be my current one. It's light but covers imperfections fairly well and I like that it comes in a light enough shade for my pale skin. I'm the lightest shade - Vanille Clair (Light Vanilla).
Seventeen Stay Time Concealer - this is a pretty good concealer, for a long time I was a huge Collection Lasting Perfection fan (like a lot of people!) but I find this a bit creamier than the Collection one so it goes on nicer. I have a small patch of redness low down on my left cheek that I really don't like and this does a good job of covering it up, no it doesn't get rid of it completely but it really does tone it down. I'm the shade Fair in this.
Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot - Again, like foundations I'm not really loyal to powders. One Heck of a Blot is certainly a nice powder, it does the job of setting my makeup and absorbing oil. I do have to reapply though as I do get a oily forehead and nose again after about 4 or 5 hours.

Cheeks























MUA Blush in Shades 5 (left) and 3 (right) - These are the original blushers from MUA, one of the first products they released. I absolutely love the original MUA blushers and I have every shade apart from shade 1 as it's too pale and pink for my liking. These only cost £1 each and they're so pigmented and long lasting I just cannot rave about them enough. Shade 5 is one I tend to use all year round and it's a coral/peach with gold shimmer. Shade 3 is a firm favourite in the summer months, it's a peachy/apricot colour that adds a nice bit of warmth and tan for summer, it does have a little bit of gold shimmer in it but nothing like shade 5.

Eyes























MUA Baked Trio Eyeshadow - This eyeshadow trio in the shade Chocolate Box is pretty much the only eyeshadow I use. The bronze and the darker taupe shade are perfect for my pale blue eyes. These apply smoothly and last a decent amount of time.
Loreal Mega Volume Miss Manga Mascara - I use the 'extra black' version of this mascara called Black Angel. This is my second tube of this stuff and I can't see me giving it up anytime soon, it's amazing. One coat makes my lashes lengthened, volumised and nicely fanned out, my eyes really 'pop' with this. Two coats adds sooo much volume and length, it's pretty amazing! I usually stick to one coat for the daytime and two for at night.

Lips























MUA Sweet Sheen Lip Balm in Coral Reef (left) and Peach Dream (right) - For tinted lip balms these actually pack a decent punch of colour. I really can't find a fault with these, they're light weight, silky smooth and comfortable to wear and the colours are so pretty especially in summer, though I may have to buy one of the red shades for the colder months because I just love them so much.

So that's all the makeup I'm loving at the moment, as you can see I really like MUA makeup and I can promise this isn't a sponsored post or anything, I did buy everything myself but I do think they are a great brand and for such cheap prices the quality of the makeup is outstanding.

Let me know what your current makeup favourites are or if you love any of the products I've featured. I'm also after a new high street / drug store foundation (medium coverage for combination skin) so leave your recommendations in the comments too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!