Monday, 6 July 2015

Florida Holiday Haul

This is going to sort of a two in one post, a haul of all the clothes I've bought for my holiday and a sort of what I'm packing for Florida post. Some of the items I bought a while ago so may not be available anymore but some of the things are definitely still in stores. 

I thought it would be quite handy to show you what I plan on taking to Florida clothing and shoe wise. So here's a little bit of background to our holiday, we're going in August where temperatures average around high 20's to low 30's. Everyday we're going to be visiting a theme park which means we'll be doing a lot of walking and a lot of standing about in queues. At night we'll either be going for a bite to eat on International Drive (where we're staying) then just chilling out in our hotel room or going somewhere like Hard Rock Cafe or Downtown Disney so we're not actually properly going out. Even though I've never been to Florida I decided quite early on after booking our holiday that I wouldn't be taking anything really fancy, for us there is just no point. During the day I'm going to need cool, loose fitting and comfortable clothes and and night if we go back to our hotel to get changed I want something relaxed, comfortable but a little prettier than my day time clothes so I've decided on taking playsuits.

I bought the majority of my stuff from Primark as with the sun cream, water from the water rides and lets face it, sweat there's no point paying out loads for clothes. I also bought a lot of themed tops to wear to the various parks, I'm full on getting into the Florida spirit so I'll include which park I plan on wearing themed tops to as well.

So here's what I'm taking:

Tops
From top clockwise: Aztec print vest - Primark £6 / Hakuna Matata vest Primark around £5 (to wear at Animal Kingdom) / Sunflower vest Primark around £4 / Avengers vest Primark £5 (to wear at Universal Islands of Adventure)
From top clockwise: Mickey tshirt Primark around £5 (to wear at Epcot and probably Hollywood Studios) / Minion Captain America vest Ebay £7.19 (to wear at Universal Studios) / Harry Potter vest Ebay £7 (to wear at the Harry Potter world across both Universal parks) / Disney castle vest Ebay £7 (to wear at Magic Kingdom)

Shorts
All shorts from Primark £4 apart from the black and coral trim pair which were £5

Playsuits
White lace-up playsuit Miss Pap £19.99 / Blue wrap playsuit New Look (I paid £17.99 but it's now down to £13) 

Bikini's






















Both bikini's from Primark - £6 for the tops and £4 for the bottoms. Both tops zip up at the front and have halter neck detachable straps. The pink and blue one is my favourite as it has a super pretty cross over detail on the back rather than a clasp or tie fastening, it's also a thick, structured scuba type material. The white one has a lime green zip but just fastens with a clasp at the back, it's made of a soft textured material.

Shoes























Tan sandals Primark (I actually bought these last year and put them away but you can still buy similar ones) / Daisy plimsolls Primark £4 / The Little Mermaid flip flops £2.50 (I think)

So that's everything, I'd like to get another playsuit before we go and I need some pretty bandeau's for under my vests as nearly all of them have really low arm holes but apart from that I have all my holiday clothes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!