Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Book Review: Morrie: In His Own Words

In these remarkable pages are the profound, life-affirming words of Morrie Schwartz as he faced his own imminent death.

In 1994, at the age of seventy-seven, Schwartz learned he had ALS, commonly known as Lou Gehrig's disease. Undaunted, the former professor embraced his illness, choosing to live passionately and calmly until the end. He also embarked on his greatest teaching adventure: sharing his evolving knowledge of living while dying.

Tuesday's with Morrie is without a doubt one of my favourite books, quite possibly getting the number one spot so I was looking forwards to reading this short book of Morrie's wisdom and life lessons. I was expecting a wide range of views on different subjects much like what appears in Tuesday's with Morrie however what I found was more of a guide to living with a terminal illness. Don't get me wrong there's some lovely thoughts in it but it wasn't quite what I was expecting and didn't have the impact of Tuesday's with Morrie because it was much less relevant to me. It's a fairly short book and pretty quick to read due to the layout. I'd see give it a go if you've read Tuesday's with Morrie but don't expect the same amount of profound wisdom on a range of topics.

Rating: ★★


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!