Friday, 5 August 2016

15 thoughts when buying your first house


1. Right, I'm putting an offer on a house, that's pretty grown up. Oh wow, am I a fully fledged adult now?
2. Oh shit I'm an adult, that's scary. That means bills and a whole load of responsibilities.
3. Mum! Dad! Can I just live with you guys forever, this stuff is scary and I don't know what I'm doing.
4. No seriously I've no idea about bills and mortgages and running a home. Some days I've all on dressing myself.
5. Right I've got this, I can do it!
6. Oooooh does this mean I get to go shopping?!
7. Hello cushions, throws, fairy lights. Come to mamma!
8. OK this is why I can't own a house because I'm blowing all my cash on shit when I really need useful things like a fridge freezer and a washing machine.
9. One more cushion won't hurt will it? 
10. Actually buying home stuff is way more fun than spending my money on clothes and shoes.
11. Can I have the keys yet?
12. Oh I can have the keys, I guess that means I'm a homeowner now then. What have I done? I can't do this! Please refer back to number 3. Mum, Dad you have no choice, I'm lodging at yours for the rest of my life.
13. I'm a homeowner! *happy dance* I'm soooo excited!!
14. I'm going to miss living at home, this is such a big change. I'm so emotional right now.
15. This is a new chapter in my life, I have a house that I can make my own and even though my emotions are up and down like a yoyo at the moment it's all going to be fine. Life is pretty good... Now where do I put all these cushions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!