Let me introduce you to one of the easiest ans tastiest recipes known to man.
Say hello to the chocolate orange tart. No-bake, fuss free and only uses 5 simple ingredients. Oh and did I mention it tastes like heaven?!
300g digestive biscuits
75g icing sugar
300ml double cream
1 whole chocolate orange (any variety, I used milk chocolate)
Optional decoration (I used edible gold glitter but you could use edible stars, cream, more chocolate orange)
- Crush the biscuits into fine pieces, this can be done in a food processor or by hand by putting the biscuits in a food bag and crushing them with a rolling pin. I did mine by hand.
- Melt the butter and add it to the biscuit. Mix together.
- Press the biscuit and butter mix into you baking tin. Press down firmly and build a little up the sides to support the tart when it's out of the tin.
- Melt the chocolate orange and set to one side to cool.
- Whip together the icing sugar and cream to form soft peaks. This will give the tart a mousse like texture. If you prefer a thicker texture then don't whip the cream.
- Fold the slightly cooled chocolate into the cream.
- Spread the chocolate cream mix on to the biscuit base and place in the fridge to chill for around 6 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with anything of your choice, I used gold glitter as I made this at Christmas so it gave it a festive edge.
This is one of the easiest things I've ever made, my family loved it and if I do say so myself it tasted pretty great! I'm super happy with how this turned out and I'll definitely be whipping one of these up again.