Wednesday, 4 January 2017

RECIPE: No-bake chocolate orange tart

Let me introduce you to one of the easiest ans tastiest recipes known to man. 
Say hello to the chocolate orange tart. No-bake, fuss free and only uses 5 simple ingredients. Oh and did I mention it tastes like heaven?!


























Ingredients
300g digestive biscuits
150g butter
75g icing sugar
300ml double cream
1 whole chocolate orange (any variety, I used milk chocolate)
Optional decoration (I used edible gold glitter but you could use edible stars, cream, more chocolate orange)

Method
  1. Crush the biscuits into fine pieces, this can be done in a food processor or by hand by putting the biscuits in a food bag and crushing them with a rolling pin. I did mine by hand.
  2. Melt the butter and add it to the biscuit. Mix together.
  3. Press the biscuit and butter mix into you baking tin. Press down firmly and build a little up the sides to support the tart when it's out of the tin.
  4. Melt the chocolate orange and set to one side to cool.
  5. Whip together the icing sugar and cream to form soft peaks. This will give the tart a mousse like texture. If you prefer a thicker texture then don't whip the cream.
  6. Fold the slightly cooled chocolate into the cream.
  7. Spread the chocolate cream mix on to the biscuit base and place in the fridge to chill for around 6 hours or overnight.
  8. Decorate with anything of your choice, I used gold glitter as I made this at Christmas so it gave it a festive edge.

This is one of the easiest things I've ever made, my family loved it and if I do say so myself it tasted pretty great! I'm super happy with how this turned out and I'll definitely be whipping one of these up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!